A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 pounds pork, mutton, lamb, or beef, cut into small pieces
- 3 ears corn (scrape kernels from cob) or about 3 cups frozen or canned
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 5 roasted green chiles, peeled, seeded, and diced (or 2 tablespoons canned)
- Brown meat in large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients along with water to make a stew consistency.
- Cover pot and simmer for approximately 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.