- 1 lbs fresh green tomatillos
- 1 cup water
- 4 serrano or jalapeño peppers
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium yellow or white Spanish Onion, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare green sauce by peeling tomatillos, washing, and soaking in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Add water to blender, and puree tomatillos at high speed until liquid.
- Add whole peppers, a handful of cilantro and Parsley to taste, the juice of one lime, oil, vinegar, garlic, and Onion.
- Blend at high speed until the liquid is homogeneous with suspended tomatillo seeds.
- Add a small pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and Sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning to taste (slightly sweet, quite citrusy, and preferably spicy).
- Simmer sauce, covered, in a deep pan over low heat 40 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.