- 5-6 medium sized potatoes
- half a bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (or more) shiitake or Chinese black mushroom (i also like to tossing a few dried porcini mushrooms)
- 1 chicken leg
- 1 cup milk
- bay leaves
- Soak the mushroom in hot water for 30–45 minutes.
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Saute the onions in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and a quart of water.
- Put in the bay leaves and the chicken leg.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Dice the mushroom and add the mushroom pieces and the soaking water to the soup.
- When the potatoes are done, smash them with a fork or a potato masher and stir the soup well.
- Add the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Before you smash the potatoes, take the chicken leg out and cut the chicken into little pieces and add it back in.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.