Green pawpaw Soup
- 1 green pawpaw
- 1 pint white stock or water
- 1 teacup milk or 1 small tin milk
- 1 onion
- parsley stalks (if available)
- a little mace or nutmeg
- ½ oz butter or dripping
- 1 oz cornflour to thicken
- fried dice of bread
- pepper and salt
- Remove the seeds, peel and cut up the pawpaw into small pieces.
- Slice the onion finely.
- Melt the butter or dripping and fry the vegetables in it without browning.
- Add the water, salt and parsley stalks.
- Simmer 1 and ½ hours.
- Rub through a sieve.
- Return the soup to the pan.
- Add pepper and cornflour blended with the milk.
- Boil 5 minutes to cook thoroughly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.