- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups non-fat vegetable broth
- 2 lbs green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 x 8 oz container vegan sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 cups (3½ oz) coarsely crushed sweet potato chips
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add shallots, and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring vegetable broth to a boil over medium heat in large saucepan, and add peas.
- Return to a boil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Set 1 cup cooked peas aside.
- Place remaining peas and broth in blender or food processor.
- Add shallots, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Add basil, and process again.
- Return puréed peas to saucepan, and stir with remaining 1 cup whole peas.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls, sprinkle sweet potato chips on soup and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.