In Romanian: Dulceata de patlagele verzi (gogonele)
- 40 green tomatoes the size of plums
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sugar
- ½ vanilla stick
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¾ qt / ¾ l water
- Remove the core of each green tomato making a conical indentation.
- Remove all seeds through this opening.
- Prepare three pots with boiling water.
- Place the green tomatoes in the first one and let boil for 4–5 minutes.
- Remove from this water and place into the second pot, letting them boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from this water and place them in the third pot, letting them boil for 10 minutes.
- Then briefly place in cold water and quickly peel them.
- Leave them on a clean cloth to dry.
- In the meantime, make the syrup with ¾ qt / ¾ l water, remove foam and add vanilla.
- When the syrup starts to thicken, add the green tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Simmer, removing the foam periodically, until the preserve is done.
- Remove from heat, cover with a wet cloth and place in jars when cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.