In Romanian: Dulceata de nuci verzi
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sugar
- 3 cups water
- 22 oz / 650 g peeled green walnuts
- ½ cup honey
- ½ vanilla stick
- juice from ½ lemon
- Remove the green peel from the walnuts and as you peel, place in a bowl with cold water lest they darken.
- Then place the walnuts in a pot with boiling water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place in a pot with cold water, also for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure (hot water to cold water) three times.
- In the meantime, make the syrup, remove foam, add honey and vanilla.
- When the syrup starts to thicken, add the walnuts and lemon juice, letting simmer until the preserves are done.
- Remove from heat, cover with a wet cloth and place in jars when cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.