- Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes total
- Serves: 6
- 1 pound spinach, collard, or beet greens, steamed and cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 cups cooked rice, brown or white
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup soft, whole grain breadcrumbs
- Wash greens and steam until tender.
- Combine the cooked rice, cheese, and eggs. Add parsley and pepper.
- In an oiled 8"x8" casserole dish, alternate layers of rice and greens, ending with rice.
- Top casserole with crumbs. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.