To cut down on the mess, marinate the wings in extra large zipper lock plastic bags. If you don't have a grill, you can bake these wings in a 425°F oven for about 15-20 minutes instead.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 8 – 10 as appetizers
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup peanut or canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 – 2 tbsp Asian style hot sauce (optional)
- First prepare the wings prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock).
- Then mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Place wings into several extra large plastic zipper bags.
- Pour marinade over wings.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill wings over a medium-hot grill for about 8 – 10 minutes per side or until completely cooked and dark brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.