- 2 firm-ripe bananas
- ¼ stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- good quality store bought vanilla ice cream
Hot Chocolate Sauce Edit
- Preheat grill pan.
- Peel bananas and halve lengthwise.
- In a shallow baking pan large enough to hold bananas in one layer stir together butter and brown sugar and add bananas, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer bananas with a metal spatula to an oiled grill pan and grill until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side (if bananas are difficult to handle you may grill them on 1 side only).
- In a heavy saucepan chopped chocolate, cinnamon and half and half over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted.
- Serve bananas like a banana split with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.