Beef Recipes by the San Franscisco Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 4 well-trimmed boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2½ pounds)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
Peppery Peach Salsa
- ½ cup peach preserves
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle both sides of beef steaks with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; press firmly into beef.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper, leaving pepper whole.
- Place steaks and bell pepper on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill pepper 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While steaks continue to cook, cut four ½-inch thick rings from bell pepper; set aside for garnish.
- Coarsely chop enough remaining pepper to make ¼ cup; combine with salsa ingredients in small saucepan.
- Place pan on grid near edge of grill to heat until warm.
- About 5 minutes before steaks are done, remove 2 tablespoons salsa from saucepan and brush on both sides of steaks.
- To serve, place 1 pepper ring on each steak; fill rings with warm salsa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.