- Makes 5 servings
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about ¼-inch thickness*
- 1 can (20 oz.) dole pineapple slices, well drained
- ¾ cup fat-free or low-fat Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 whole wheat or whole grain bread slices, toasted
- 10 dole green-leaf lettuce leaves
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 low fat turkey bacon slices, cooked and drained
- Place chicken and pineapple on grill or broiler pan.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Grill or broil chicken and pineapple, 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and pineapple over; brush with 2 more tablespoons dressing.
- Cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in center and pineapple is golden brown.
- Spread remaining ½ cup dressing evenly over bread slices.
- For each sandwich, layer one bread slice with lettuce leaf, chicken breast, red onions, bread slice, 2 pineapple slices, 2 bacon strips, lettuce leaf and bread slice.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches into half.
- Insert toothpick into each half.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.