A Catfish recipe.
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved lengthwise, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, halved lengthwise, seeds and membrane removed
- 10 asparagus stalks
- ½ large (or 1 medium) eggplant, top removed, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, top removed, halved lengthwise
- 1 ear corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 bag pre-cut lettuce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 and ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine marinade/dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Screw the lid on tightly and shake to blend.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In quart-sized resealable bag, marinate catfish fillets in one-fourth of the marinade/dressing; shake vigorously and marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Split vegetables (except lettuce) between two separate gallon-sized resealable bags, add one-fourth of the marinade/dressing to each bag.
- Shake vigorously to coat and marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- When ready to grill, oil grill, then place catfish fillets and vegetables on the grill.
- Discard leftover marinade from catfish bag, but reserve excess marinade from vegetable bags.
- The catfish fillets should cook about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning once during grilling.
- The fillets are done when they are opaque and they begin to flake when tested with a fork.
- asparagus and peppers should cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side; remaining vegetables should cook for about 4 to 6 minutes per side; all vegetables should be turned once during grilling.
- After removing catfish fillets and vegetables from grill, allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Dice grilled vegetables and fillets into bite-sized pieces (approximately ½ inch squares) and add to lettuce.
- Top salad with remaining one-fourth of marinade/dressing and reserved marinade/dressing from vegetable bags.