A Catfish recipe. Serves 4.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon mild or hot chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas, “soft taco” (10-inch) size
- lemon and/or lime wedges
- cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix
- 1 cup orange sections, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Prepare grill.
- Combine chili powder, oil and lime juice in a small bowl; brush over both sides of fillets.
- Arrange in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray.
- Place grilling basket on a grill rack; grill 6–8 minutes on each side until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place 1 fillet on a tortilla, and top with ¾ cup citrus slaw.
- Squeeze lemon and lime over slaw.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; tossing gently.
- Cover and chill.