- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 x 15-ounce can black beans, undrained
- ¼ cup diced ham
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- To prepare the catfish:.
- Sprinkle farm-raised catfish fillets with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place them in a well-oiled grill basket or on a well-oiled grill rack.
- Grill uncovered directly over medium-hot coals about 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Place a fillet on each serving plate and spoon black bean relish over them.
- To prepare the relish:.
- In a medium saucepan cook onion, celery, carrot, garlic and jalapeño peppers in butter or margarine until onion is tender.
- Stir in black beans, ham, cilantro and salt.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Makes 2 cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.