A Catfish recipe. Serves 4.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the mustard.
- Prepare a hot fire.
- When ready to grill, place an oiled grill rack over the fire.
- Lightly baste each side of the fish with the mustard butter and place on the rack.
- Grill until opaque and just beginning to flake when tested with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once halfway through the grilling time and basting frequently with the mustard butter.
- Serve with the salsa on the side.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Makes 2 cups.