- 1 pound chicken livers, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1" strips
- 18 oz can sliced water chestnuts
- Combine the chicken livers, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper, in a small bowl and marinate refrigerated for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place a piece of bacon on a wooden or metal skewer, followed by a piece of chicken liver and a slice of water chestnut.
- Repeat until all the livers have been used.
- Grill directly over hot coals for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until the edges of the bacon are crisp and the chicken livers are firm but slightly pink inside.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.