Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time:40 minutes
Excellent quick meal with lots of flavor!
- Contributed by Lorrie Bunes, Coeur d'Alene
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 crusty sourdough rolls
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing divide into 2 x ½ cup dishes
- 8 slices of thick smoked bacon cooked till just crisp
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large red onion
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper pound chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Slice red onion into ¼ in thick slices.
- Place chicken on heated BBQ grill low to medium heat grill approx 20 minutes each side brush each side with Italian dressing while grilling.
- Grill onion during last 5 minutes turning 1x.
- Place rolls on grill sliced in half just to warm.
- Slice avocado into halves then slice each halve into slices.
- Brush rolls with remaining dressing.
- Place chicken breast on roll, add 2 slices of bacon, grilled onion, avocado, salt and pepper, cilantro.
- Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.