Description[edit | edit source]
This marinated chicken is perfect for a barbecue.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 4
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 chicken breast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 10 tomatillos, fresh
- ½ medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sour cream, non-fat
- 2 limes
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine the oil, juice from one lime, oregano, and black pepper in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and turn to coat each side.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the chicken periodically to marinate chicken on both sides.
- Put water, tomatillos, and onion in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until the tomatillos are tender.
- In a blender, place the cooked onion, tomatillos, and any remaining water.
- Add the garlic, peppers, cilantro, salt, and the remaining lime juice.
- Blend until all the ingredients are smooth.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken breasts on a hot grill and cook until done.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter.
- Spoon a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream over each chicken breast.
- Pour the sauce over the sour cream.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
- 192 Calories | 5g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 220mg Sodium | 71mg Cholesterol | 53mg Calcium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.