This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 12 ears of corn husks removed and halved
- 24 bamboo skewers
- Rinse corn and drain well.
- Mix butter, garlic, basil, cumin, black pepper and chili powder in container.
- Place corn on individual skewers and brush corn with vegetable oil and place on the edge of the hottest part of the grill then cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Place two halves corn on a serving plate and brush each half with ½ tablespoon butter mixture and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.