Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
All measurements are approximate. It tastes very much like an apple pie. I used Braeburn apples as an example because that is what I made this with.
- 2 slices of bread
- About a quarter of an apple, maybe a little more, cut into thin slices. Tart works best, e.g. Braeburn.
- About 2 tbsp of plain cream cheese
- Approx. 2 – 4 tsp honey
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- About 1 tablespoon of butter
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Dump the cream cheese in a bowl and add about two teaspoons of honey and a few dashes of cinnamon (to your taste).
- Mash it all up with a fork and mix until it's smooth and creamy.
- Spread it on one slice of the bread.
- Lay the apple slices in one layer on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Drizzle 1-2 tsps honey over the apple slices and sprinkle with some more cinnamon.
- Cover with the other slice of bread.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and brush it on both sides of the sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich on both sides until golden brown.
- Optional--dust one side of the sandwich with about a teaspoon of powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.