Grilled Curry Chicken with Cucumber Raita from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ of a medium sized cucumber, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain, low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare grill.
- Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap then pound them using the flat side of a meat mallet or firmly rolled using a rolling pin to flatten them.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry paste, oil, sugar, ginger and cumin.
- Sprinkle the spices over each side of the chicken then grill for 10–15 minutes, turning once or until the meat is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add the grated cucumber, salt, yogurt, mint and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Serve the chicken and pass the raita at the table.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.