- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tbsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 1½ lbs beef flank steak, ¾" thick
- For sauce, in a small saucepan cook onion, garlic, and chili powder in margarine till tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 5 minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from flank steak.
- Score steak diagonally into diamonds on both sides.
- Brush with sauce.
- Grill steak on uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 7 minutes.
- Turn and grill to desired doneness, allowing 5 – 7 minutes more for medium.
- Brush occasionally with the remaining sauce.
- To serve, thinly slice the flank steak across the grain.
- Broiling directions: place meat on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3" from heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn and broil to desired doneness, allowing 6–8 minutes more for medium.
- Brush occasionally with sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- 240 calories | 21g protein | 5g carbohydrates | 14g fat | 58mg cholesterol | 304mg sodium | 436mg potassium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.