DescriptionGot a fresh, hot skewer? This juicy, fruit-based kebab is made with real fruit juice, mint, and cinnamon, and is great for vegetarians while grilled to a white-hot aroma and served with other desserts.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, cold only
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 kiwifruits, peeled and sliced into 1" thick sections
- 4 x 1" slices fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1" pieces or (1 can pineapple chunks)
- 16 strawberries, washed and hulled
- Prepare the grill. In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, sugar, lime juice, cinnamon, and mint. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- If using wooden skewers, then soak with cold water for about 10 minutes only to prevent from scorching. Alternate the fruit pieces and thread onto the skewers.
- Brush kebabs with the sugar mixture then place on the grill.
- Grill kebabs for about 6–8 minutes, turning frequently until fruit starts to brown and is heated through. Serve hot and plain or with other side dishes or desserts. Sell per piece, if desired.
- Grilled Fruit Kebabs from the Public Health Coobook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.