Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 portions, 6 to 8 ounces each, mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons dark tamari soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, grated, about 1½ tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 20 blades fresh chives, chopped or 3 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 to 1¼ pounds thin asparagus spears
- 2 navel oranges
- 1-inch fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat grill pan to over medium high to high heat.
- Season mahi mahi fillets with salt and pepper.
- Combine the lime juice, dark soy, ginger and a little vegetable or canola oil in a shallow dish.
- Turn the mahi mahi in the citrus soy marinade and let it hang out for 10 minutes.
- Grill on hot grill pan for 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch fillet or until fish is firm and opaque.
- Take 1 spear of asparagus and hold it at each and.
- Bend the asparagus until it snaps and breaks.
- Use this spear as your guide on where to trim the ends of your bundle of spears.
- Using a peeler, make thin long strips of orange zest from both oranges.
- Cut the ends off the zested oranges and stand them up right on a cutting board.
- Remove the pith in strips using sharp knife and cutting down from the top of the orange.
- Discard the pith.
- When the oranges are both peeled and trimmed, turn them on their sides and slice into ¼-inch rounds, cross sectioning the whole.
- Set the orange disks aside.
- In a skillet with a cover, bring 1-inch water to a boil with the zest of the oranges and grated fresh gingerroot.
- Allow the orange zest and ginger to simmer for at least 1 minute then add salt and asparagus spears.
- Simmer the spears 3 to 5 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the asparagus.
- Discard the orange zest and ginger.
- Assemble a few spears on each dinner plate, layering them back and forth, crisscrossing the spears over orange slices.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over asparagus and oranges and top with 1 portion of grilled mahi mahi.
- Garnish assembled fish and asparagus with chopped or thinly sliced chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.