A fresh cilantro marinade makes this dinner for two irresistible!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Start to Finish: 40 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup margarita mix (from 33.8-oz. bottle)
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 12 shelled deveined uncooked large shrimp with tails left on
- Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart resealable food storage plastic bag, combine cilantro, garlic, margarita mix and tequila.
- Add shrimp; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat grill.
- When ready to grill, thread shrimp on skewers; discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches over medium coals.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning several times.
Broiling variation Edit
- To broil shrimp, place skewered shrimp on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning several times.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (½ of recipe):
- Calories 35, Calories from Fat 0 | Total Fat 0g | Saturated Fat 0g | Cholesterol 70mg (23%DV ) | Sodium 80mg (3%DV) | Total Carbohydrate 1g (0%DV) | Dietary Fiber 0g | Sugars 1g | Protein 8g
- Vitamin A (2%DV) | Vitamin C (0%DV) | Calcium (0%DV) | Iron (6%DV)
- Exchanges: 1 Very Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 0
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.