In Romanian: Mititei
- 2 lbs/1 kg ground Beef,
- 1/2 lb/250 g suet,
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda,
- 2-3 garlic cloves,
- some ground pepper,
- juniper berries and caraway,
- 2-3 tablespoons meat broth,
- Grind the meat together with the suet.
- Add salt, spices, chopped garlic, meat broth and baking soda and mix everything with your hands for 15 minutes, adding two tablespoons of water a little at a time.
- Keep the bowl with this mixture on ice for 5-6 hours.
- Just before grilling, take tablespoons of the mixture and with wet hands, shape the rolls (they are approx. 2-3 inches long and 1 inch thick).
- Before placing on the grill, grease them with oil and during grilling baste them with a mixture of meat broth and oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.