This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 green onions crushed and slivered
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 boned chicken thighs, skin intact
- 1 tablespoon seven spice powder
- Blend soy sauce, sake, mirin, miso, green onions, ginger root and garlic in a rectangular baking dish.
- Coat chicken with mixture and marinate 1 hour or refrigerate overnight turning several times.
- Preheat a hibachi, portable tabletop grill or charcoal grill.
- Shake marinade off chicken and pat dry.
- Place skin down on hot grill and grill 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and grill second side 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done sprinkle with sesame seeds and spice mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.