This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Clark Estate in Flower Mound, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil as needed
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl combine red and yellow onions, salt, pepper and olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Arrange onion wedges on pan and cook until browned and tender underneath about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until onions are very tender about 7 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and cream until blended.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In medium skillet melt butter over medium heat then add rosemary and cook 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and fold gently to combine the rosemary and eggs.
- Arrange the grilled onions on top then transfer pan to the oven and bake 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.