- 2 ripe medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 19 oz can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), chopped ( ½ cup)
- ½ cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup sliced pitted black olives, such as kalamata (2 oz)
- 24 oz log prepared polenta
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high.
- Salad: halve each tomato crosswise and gently squeeze seeds into small bowl.
- Strain tomato juices into large bowl; discard seeds.
- Dice tomatoes and set aside.
- Add vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper to juices in bowl and mix to blend.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, scallions, basil and ; toss well.
- Cut polenta into eight ½-inch-thick slices; save remainder for another use.
- Place slices on baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of slices with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill rack and grill polenta until nicely browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide bean salad among plates.
- Top with grilled polenta, garnish with basil sprigs and serve right away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.