Grilled Pork Chops with Grape and Fig Chutney from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 12
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 x 3" cinnamon stick
- 1½ cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 medium sized pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill.
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, figs, vinegar, wine, sugar, paprika, ginger and cinnamon stick and heat to medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes.
- Stir in grapes and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes then remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Brush pork chops with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on both sides until done.
- Serve chops with grape and fig chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.