Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 5 servings
- 3 large fresh portobello mushrooms; stems removed and cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves; finely chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- pinch oregano
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Quarter the caps.
- Place them on a broiler pan pre-coated with a little olive oil, bottoms up.
- Cover the mushrooms with chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Put under the broiler for about five minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and probe with the fork for softness.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parsley and return to oven, this time for another five minutes, checking every two minutes for the perfect tenderness.
- They should be soft on both tops and bottoms.
- Serve hot as a main course with a vegetable-rice mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.