- 4 x 5-inch portobello mushrooms, about 1 lb, stemmed
- 1 recipe Sesame Ginger Marinade
- 4 whole wheat buns or hard rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch arugula, stemmed, leaves torn in half (2 cups)
- 8 oz soft goat cheese
- Hold a mushroom, cut side up, in your hand. Using small sharp knife, carefully scrape to remove most of dark brown “gills”. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
- Prepare marinade in large, shallow glass dish.
- Add mushrooms and turn to coat.
- Let mushrooms marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- In medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard to make dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high.
- Grill mushrooms, turning often, until tender and grill-marked, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly toast rolls, if desired.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread goat cheese on both sides of rolls.
- Arrange mushrooms on bottom of each roll.
- Add arugula to dressing in bowl and toss well.
- Place arugula leaves on top of each mushroom, cover with bun tops and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.