- 4 x 8 ounce fillets of fish
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- ⅓ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 bunch basil (thinly sliced)
- ⅓ cup capers ( small ones)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and grated lemon peel in small bowl to blend.
- Stir in capers and basil.
- Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Prepare your fire on your barbecue, (high heat) or use broiler.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper and coat fillets with vinaigrette.
- Cook until fish flakes, be careful not to break fillet when turning.
- When fish is done place fillet on platter and pour remaining vinaigrette over fish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.