A nice modernized version of the old classic Shrimp cocktail. Watch'em disappear!
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (give or take)
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined (I buy them peeled and de-veined).
- In a 1 gal plastic food bag place shrimp and olive oil, toss to coat, sprinkle enough rub to lightly coat the shrimp.
- The bag should look dark red.
- Refrigerate for 1 – 4 hrs, the longer you wait the hotter they'll be.
- Light the grill and while it's heating place shrimp on skewers.
- When coals are very hot, clean the area that the shrimp will be on and rub with a bit of canola oil on a rag (use a mitt please).
- Immediately place shrimp on greased grill for 2 – 3 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and serve hot.
- No dipping sauce required.
- This rub works well on chicken wings too!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.