- 2 large firm mangoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 lb shrimp, (25 to 30)
- 2 cups fresh greens
- lime slices, for garnish
- Combine green onions, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and chile in a bowl.
- Mix in shredded mango.
- Chill while preparing shrimp.
- Shell and devein shrimp and rinse well; divide into 4 portions.
- Thread 1 portion onto a slender metal skewer.
- Run a second skewer through shrimp ½ to 1 inch from the first skewer, to keep them flat.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Grill shrimp on a medium hot grill, covered, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until opaque but still a bit moist in the center of thickest parts.
- Place greens on a platter; mound mango mixture onto the greens using a slotted spoon.
- Place shrimp over the mango salad and garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.