Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 15 minutes | Grill: 12 minutes
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
To broil Edit
- Place vegetables on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Brush with some of the salad dressing.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning and brushing once with remaining dressing.
To grill Edit
- Brush zucchini and/or squash, onion slices, and mushrooms with some of the salad dressing.
- Grill the vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning and brushing once with dressing.
- For an indoor electric grill: heat about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning and brushing once with remaining salad dressing (you may have to grill half the vegetables at a time).
For a zestier dressing, stir ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard, and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper into Italian salad dressing before brushing on veggies.
Nutritional information Edit
- 179 Calories | 15g Total Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 159mg Sodium | 10g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 4g Protein