- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (6 cloves) garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 swordfish steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 limes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 California avocados (about 3½ pounds)
- 4 medium grapefruit
- 2 oz finely diced red onion (about ¼ cup)
- 1½ oz (about 1 tbsp) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 oz chopped cilantro (about 1 cup)
- cilantro sprigs as needed for garnish
- Mix oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons cumin, 1 tablespoon salt, and pepper.
- Rub mixture on steaks, reserve.
- Mix lime juice, zest, and honey; reserve.
- Dice avocado; gently toss with lime juice mixture. Reserve.
- Peel and segment grapefruit, reserving juice; cut segments in half.
- Gently fold grapefruit and juice, onion, chipotle pepper, cilantro and remaining 1 teaspoon each of cumin and salt. Reserve.
- Per order: grill 1 swordfish steak until just firm to the touch, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with ½ cup avocado grapefruit salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.