- Wash Chicken Breasts, removing all excess fat; pat dry.
- Pour Teriyaki sauce in Pyrex dish to cover bottom. A small deep dish is best - large enough to hold all breasts and still leave about an inch or two open space at top).
- Place Chicken breasts into dish, adding Teriyaki sauce between breasts to coat.
- Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Let marinade stand for 1/2 hour, turning breasts about every 5 to 10 minutes. If you let the breasts stand in the marinade too long the flavor becomes too harsh. Too short and you won't get the Teriyaki flavor.
- Remove breasts from marinade (save marinade) and place cut-side up on medium-high grill (either charcoal or gas), cover and let cook for eight (8) minutes.
- Turn breasts over, lightly coat with marinade, and let cook an additional seven (7) minutes.
- Remove breasts to cutting board and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. This will ensure the Chicken will cook all the way through, yet still remain moist.
- Slice the breasts length-wise into strips about 1/2 inch wide. If the Chicken is thick, rotate the strip and cut again to create smaller strips
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.