Makes 2 sandwiches.
- 2 (1-inch) slabs marinated firm tofu
- 4 slices white or whole wheat bread
- horseradish, to taste
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced red onions (optional)
- Be sure to use the firm, Chinese-style tofu rather than the soft or regular tofu.
- It tastes best after it has been marinated for several days.
- Prepare the grill if you are grilling the tofu, and grill it on both sides, about 6 inches above the coals, until it is well-browned and a little crispy.
- Otherwise, broil the tofu on both sides.
- Spread the bread with mayonnaise and horseradish to taste.
- Slice the tofu in half, crosswise, to make pieces ½-inch thick, and cut the pieces to fit the bread.
- Arrange the tomato slices on the tofu, and salt and pepper them; add the onion if desired.
- Cover with the lettuce and another slice of bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.