If its not grilling season, you can cook the veggies under the broiler. This sandwich is also delicious made with extra sharp Cheddar.
- ½ small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 4 slices Atkins bread, lightly toasted
- 2 (2 ounce) slices provolone cheese or smoked provolone
- Prepare a medium grill or heat broiler.
- Toss vegetables with oil, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Grill vegetables 2–3 minutes per side until crisp-tender and lightly charred.
- Spread pesto on bread slices.
- Layer vegetables on 2 slices of bread.
- Lay Cheese over vegetables.
- Grill, covered, 1 minute more for cheese to start to melt (or broil).
- Top with remaining bread slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.