Purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1967.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ⅓ pound smoked bacon
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons liquid hickory smoke
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 cans pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook ground sirloin and bacon in large skillet.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Saute until beef is brown and vegetables are limp.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme, brown sugar, liquid hickory smoke, salt and pepper.
- Simmer together 5 minutes.
- Turn beans into a greased baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture over top.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.