Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Onion in butter in large skillet until tender but not brown.
- Add Beef and cook until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- Drain off fat, if there is any.
- Add paprika, pepper and garlic powder to skillet.
- Blend a little broth into flour; add remaining broth and stir into meat mixture.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add soup and sherry. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream; heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.