- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ pound ground meat (ground pork or ground lamb)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 pitas
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomato
- oil for cooking
- Add the onion and the garlic on a skillet, add some oil and cook until soft over low heat stirring constantly.
- Place in mixing bowl with lamb, lemon juice, oregano and cumin and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 2 patties.
- Place on rack of broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt and mint in small bowl and mix.
- Cut around edge of each pita bread and pull open to form pocket.
- Fill each pita with half the lettuce and tomato, 1 lamb patty and half the yogurt mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.