"Ground nuts" is the Nigerian name for peanuts.
- 2½ to 3 lbs stewing chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp hot pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 1½ cup natural peanut butter
- rice, cooked according to directions
- side dishes suggested:
- Nigerians sprinkle with hot pepper.
- Bring chicken to boil with about 2 quart water.
- Add salt, hot pepper, onion and garlic.
- Simmer until tender cool.
- Using ½ cup peanut butter per lb of chicken (before cooking weight) mix in hot broth until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add chicken and cook slowly for at least half an hour. Can be cooked for hours in crockpot.
- If a thicker gravy is preferred thicken with cornstarch.
- salt to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with side dishes of tropical fruits as you would curry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.