- 1 lb guava pulp ( no seeds )
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon spice, about 1 inch long
- butter for greasing dish
- Make sure guavas are firm and not damaged. Peel and remove seeds
- Pass guava flesh through a fine sieve, all the little seeds must be removed
- Put guava pulp, Sugar and spice in a heavy skillet ( use pot with a heavy bottom) and cook on high until mixture starts to " jump", stirring once in a while
- Reduce heat and cook mixture, stirring all the time with an up and over motion until mixture is thick and separates easily from the bottom and sides of the pot, leaving the pot "clean". Test by putting a drop of the mixture on a saucer. It should form a ball that can be rolled around )
- Pour guava Cheese in a greased fireproof glass dish and let it cool.
- When cool, cut into small squares
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.