- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup guava pulp, (guava put thru a sieve or food mill)
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp cloves, freshly ground
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar.
- Add the eggs, guava and spices and beat until smooth.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to the butter mixture.
- The dough should be stiff.
- Place the mixture in the greased top of a double boiler and cook over boiling water, or use a can with a tight fitting cover and place the can in a pan of boiling water about ⅔ from the top of the can.
- Steam for 3 hours.
- Slice and serve with butter sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.