- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup margarine, softened
- 1⅓ cups frozen egg substitute, thawed 
- 1½ cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4½ cups sifted cake flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- vegetable cooking spray
- Cream sugar and margarine at medium speed of an electric mixer until combined.
- Gradually add egg substitute, beating well.
- Combine sour cream, and baking soda; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt; with mixer running at low speed, add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a 10 inch tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Instead of or in addition to 2 tsp vanilla extract, use these variations to cater to your family's preferences.
- Lemon pound cake – add 1 tsp grated lemon rind with vanilla extract.
- Coconut pound cake – add 1 tsp coconut flavoring, and decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp.
- Almond pound cake – add 1 tsp almond extract, and decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp.
- Butter rum pound cake – add 1 tsp butter flavoring and 1 tsp rum flavoring, and decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp.
- Butter pound cake – add 1 tsp butter flavoring, and decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 inch slice):
- Calories 250 | Protein 3.5g | Fat 7.7g | Carb. 42g | Chol. 6 mg | Iron 1.8mg | Sodium 152mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.