- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ kg faux filet or filet
- Combine water, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and lemon.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cut meat into strips and marinate 15 minutes or longer.
- Separate meat from the marinade.
- Stir-fry beef until just tender (do not overcook).
- Add marinade.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch or flour mixed in a small amount of water.
- Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.