Guinness Cake is very popular during St. Patrick's Day. It's also quick and easy to make. Guinness Cake is best eaten after a week of it being sealed in an airtight container.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup stout Guinness
- ¾ cup cocoa, unsweetened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine Guinness and butter in a large bowl.
- Hold bowl over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cocoa and blend.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add this to the Guinness mix.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Whisk well.
- Pour mixture in a large cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.